Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hospitality

So Nate and I are challenging ourselves to more hospitality. It's a lost art, an important one for keeping close relationships with family and friends. This is a tough one for me right now in this season of my life(throwing up daily), but as I begin to feel better, this should come much easier. We are working on inviting someone, friends or family, each week for dinner. Its fun, helps us expand our cooking skills and friendships! Tonight we are hosting a friend I have known since jr highschool. I am excited to see her. It will be fun to catch up since she moved away for a year and is now back to the area. I have no clue who we will ask to come by next week, but it will be someone!  An added benefit is cleaning the house super good for company which means it stays nicer during the week. I am working hard on self improvement, that's mainly gratitude for the real important things in life. What matters is close relationships with family and friends. My kids, my husband, my animals, walking in the fresh air pushing along my babies even while dry heaving. The all day sickness will pass along like it did with all the other children and I will soon have a cute belly to replace it. I have to chose to live in gratitude each day, each hour, each minute. It doesn't come naturally, but someday with practice, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment